Tuesday, May 1, 2012

RECAP: International Beauty Show NYC 2012

Hello Beautiful People,

                   I had a great time covering IBS which for the most part was a keratine hair fest. There were sprinkles of beauty brands such as Stila, Gorgeous Cosmetics (so glad they were there I purchased some palettes stay tuned for a review), Eve Pearl, Royal and Langnickel, Essie, Minx Nails and Columbia Cosmetics just to name the few. Certainly diversity wasn't plentiful here the place was over ran with keratine and hair companies and not many that catered to natural hair. The  standout companies in my mind that did so were Hair Rules (stay tuned for a review), Yarok, Curls (who I didn't see) and Mixed Chicks. I was also able to attend at the Jacob Javits Center the International Esthetics, Cosmetics, and Spa Conference on the lower level which had tons of skin care lines including Clarasonic, Dermalogica, VMV Hypoallergenics, Decleor Paris, Eminence, and Michael Marcus Cosmetics to name a few. In hindsight maybe that was a good thing but I did expect an even mix of everything. Never the less I was thoroughly entertained and my card did its fair share of swiping because there was some great deals. In the next following posts I will feature some of the beauty brands and reviews since I certainly don't want to overwhelm all at once. In short this isn't the show for makeup artists (go to the Makeup Show) it more so caters to hair stylists and estheticians but if you want to be well rounded and offer the best of everything attend in the future because you won't be disappointed. 






























































































No comments:

Popular Posts