Tuesday, December 20, 2011

COMMANDER IN CHIC: A Special Evening with Mikki Taylor

Hi Beautiful People,

       I had thee honor of recently being invited to a special private book signing of Mikki Taylor's book Commander in Chic, that took place at the very beautiful Bobbi Brown Studio in N.J. A hommage to our first lady Michelle Obama, this book is a blueprint of the types of pieces that one chic woman should have in her arsenal to be able to carry off beautiful, chic and timeless looks for any occasion. Also in Commander in Chic you will find great nuggets of wisdom from Mikki that speak to the spiritual and mental beauty that should also be worked on as well. It is no wonder that Michelle is her muse, I'm certainly a fan of Michelle Obama's style and grace which in my opinion continues to transcend generation and color lines. Any woman at any age can take so much from this book which has amazing photos of Michelle with her many looks thus far. It was such a pleasure to meet Mikki Taylor and have her personally share her own story of how the chicness began and her icon which just so happens to be her mom.  Mrs. Taylor was fabulous in a red aline skirt and a black lace long sleeve top. Her smile contagious and make up done by the fabulous artists at Bobbi Brown she was vision of beauty and a wealth of information. So many other women were in attendance but I was happy to be in the company of my chic compadres Sharontina Brightman of Therunwaytimes.com and Stephanie Guy of Areyoublushing.wordpress.com also a super duper Mikki Taylor fan. It was a joy to see someone who is inspired by a great person be so excited to finally meet them. We had a great time and as always Tina and I shut down the place literally we were the last to leave since we loved the staff at Bobbi Brown studio. Surprisingly I did not purchase any Bobbi Brown products even at 20% off I'm waiting until I get my MUA discount. *Wink* Anywho beautiful people make sure to add Commander in Chic to your library also great as a gift for any woman. Here are some photos of the event.


Live, laugh, X &O's
Merli 





the lovely Bobbi Brown palette

Bobbi Brown artist working their magic


My chic girls! Sharontina, Stephanie, and I

After my mini makeover

Standing in awe as we listen to the fabulous Mikki Taylor

She was so happy to meet her
I was loving these glasses

This is the owner Beautiful



No comments:

Popular Posts