Saturday, July 9, 2011

Nail Trends to Try

Hello Beautiful People!

Who loves nail polish? ME! Have you ever gone in to the nail salon to get your mani and pedi and have to deal with the daunting task of only picking two or even worse ONE color? I have and I hate it! I love color and so I was happy to see and hear that there is a trend that would allow me to use multiple colors without looking like a complete skittle bag. Ombre nails which borrows it's name from the process similar to hair dyeing or streaking. You choose varying shades of a color and either go from light to dark or dark to light (thumb to pinky). Do you know how excited I am about this? Below you'll find an example of me trying the trend, and then I got bored and shattered it to see how it would look.
My 7th post of my 30 day blogger challenge








Here is Ms. Lauren Conrad with the trend pretty nice huh?
picture courtesy of Fashioncents.com
















Another nail trend that is always hot for the summer is neons yup there back again. This trend not for the faint heart because these colors pop! But it's so SUNNY!

Here is my sloppy attempt :( sorry


One Last trend is mannequin hands and the whole concept behind this is you wear colors that almost blend into your own complexion and give you the illusion of longer fingers. Lord knows I need this trend to stay around.
picture courtesy of nail-center.blogspot.com












Opi-silver Crackle Nail Polish
OPI What's with the Cattitude Nail Polish - NLB90OPI Nail Polish Pink-ing of You
OPI NLM23 Strawberry MargaritaOPI Nail Lacquer, Pink Flamengo, 0.5-Fluid OunceOPI About Brights That's Hot Pink B68 Nail Polish / Lacquer / EnamelOPI Mod About Brights the It Color B66

2 comments:

shari said...

The world is tiny!
I saw pics from tweet your face off, and was like omg that is not my merli!
Love your blog and you are rocking the hell out of that cut :) (sent an email with my contact info)
xo,
shari

Unknown said...

SHARI! OMGEE THANKS FOR READING :)

Popular Posts