Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting to Healthy: Taking care of Beautiful from Inside Out

Hello Beautiful People,
   
April 2011
        So here I am... again making a vow to lose weight. More than that I'm on a journey to find my happy state where I don't have a stressful day and then eat whatever sweet treat I can get my hands on. Every year I've promised myself in the New Year by my birthday I'll lose 25lbs and then my birthday comes and I don't lose anything most of the time I've gained.
 Then I say summertime is coming I'm going to bring sexy back, but sexy seems to stay buried within the folds and then I turn around and its labor day and the holidays come and I'm back at square one. This has been the cycle I've lived for the past 5 years. The only time I seemed like I was on the right track was after the end of a 9 year relationship I was able to focus on me and as a requested Christmas gift get on Weight Watchers and lost 15 lbs and then college got difficult and I gained 15lbs back as well as my degree. (I'd give my degree to lose 30lbs though) Now I'm twenty-seven years old, single, childless and wondering if the reason why I'm still single is because of my size. I remember a time when I used to be the skinny girl in the group now I'm always the fat pretty one as I once was told. I don't want to be skinny but I'd love to be able to be comfortable in my own skin, not worry about having undergarments to pull the rolls in, or going on the beach and not wanting to go in the water or better yet take off my cover up because of what I know is under it.
France 2008 My failed skinny pose
 Why Now? I'm a make up artist and a stylist part of my job is accentuating the best features of a client and other times hiding some flaws but through it all one of the things I say and believe is that everyone I work with is beautiful. I believe that with all my heart and a lot of the reason why I want to lose weight is for esthetic reasons but recently after being diagnosed with Scoliosis ( my spine is curved and two discs are out of place which causes pain for me almost 24/7) as well as being border line diabetic I realized if I don't start making changes now my future as I've imagined it will not be a bright one. I was told that I have to do physical therapy and lose weight but still I haven't made any significant changes. But now I have to listen to a body who feels like 10 years older then it is. I want to be energetic, rested and healthy again and by God's grace and the support of friends and family I'm going to get to healthy.
 My Goal: I've put numbers and sizes on it but there is nothing like getting to healthy, having a good nights sleep all the time rather than seldom. Being able to healthy as a way of life and not just a diet to lose some pounds. Having a healthy relationship with food where I am not using it as a way in which to feel better. ( Sorry cake I'll always love you) What does healthy look like? Healthy is a nice size 8 with hips that don't lie and whose back won't be in pain anymore because the strain will be taken off my back, ankles, and knees. (Hello Heels!) and most of all I won't be borderline diabetic, I'll add years on to my life, and I'll cut my chances of the many diseases that take women out daily.
Vegas 2010
 My Pledge: That one year from now I will be able to look back and see how I finally got to a healthy me through many small changes. The first one adding at least 20 minutes of activity to my daily activities. Making sure I eat at least one serving of fruits and vegetables daily. (would you believe I don't always do that) Continue drinking water as I've been doing (pat on my back) Cut my sweet intake to once a day.
     The Tools: My Wii! I have all these great dance games and workout games, My DVD player along with my palates dvds, hula hoop workout, and Gospel Aerobics. I'm going to finally put all that money to use that I've spent on these dvds and games and start using them. I have awesome looking workout clothing that I don't use and when the summer comes I'm going to start biking again.
The infamous bathing suit picture Panama 2010
Starting Weight: September 26, 2011 195 lbs by October 26, 2011 my goal is to be down to 188! 


A new feature on my blog will be my weight loss diary that I will update weekly with my thoughts, findings and anything related. I'm excited and so happy you can share this new beginning with me.


Live, laugh, love & learn
        Miss Merli

5 comments:

Toni said...

Omg merls i love it! You inspire me. I just started my journey as well and lost 13lbs.. Lets do this together!!

Unknown said...

I'd love to be apart of your journey as you in mine. What changes have you been making? What have you incorporated to lose the first 13 @Toni

G Jones said...

I'm really learning from your positivity, I always say I'm going to loose weight...I'll try for a while and don't see the results I want and give up.

I'm going to start again though, my goal is to loose 25 lbs :)

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM said...

Awesome! I love ya! Super proud of your new goals! To a healthier YOU! CHEERS!

Unknown said...

We can do it together its about hold yourself accountable and really thinking about the great things once you're not worrying about your health :) @Viva Glam.

Thank you Sherry its going to be a long road but I'm ready to travel it now.

Popular Posts