Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tribute to Amy Winehouse

Hello Beautiful People,

        It brings me great sadness and dismay to have to do a tribute to someone who was the same age as I, at the tender age of 27 years old Amy Winehouse succumb to the pressures of life and fame. Dealing with an ongoing alcohol and drug problem as I watched all of her music videos today and listened to her music I realized that in every video alcohol and sadness reigned supreme. It made me wonder why with so many around her why no one was able to zero in on what it is that cause Amy to turn to drugs and alcohol for solace. I pray that in death she is able to find rest and peace for her soul. More than her issues I will remember her for soulful voice, her ability to express sorrow and pain with her songs, and that lovely wing eye that she did so well. As a tribute I did a wing eye similar to Amy's. Rest in peace sista. The items below are what I used in order to obtain the look. 

Items Used:
Face: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Deep Dark, MAC blush in Blunt, 
Eyes: Make Up For Ever Eye Pencil in Mat Black 0L, Revlon Colorstay eyeliner black, Anastasia Brow kit, MAC Spiked eyebrow pencil, Too Faced Smokey Eye Kit


 


 

          
 
                           




all images of Amy Winehouse courtesy of Vevo


MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes Mat Black 0LRevlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner Pen 002 BlackAnastasia Beauty Express For Brows and Eyes BrunetteMAC Eye Brows Pencil SpikedToo Faced - Smokey Eye KitMAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural DEEP DARKMAC Powder Blush Blunt




3 comments:

Beverly said...

your recreation is right on!

Unknown said...

Thanks Bev

Morgan A. said...

wowww best winged eyeliner I have ever seen! You did a really good job.

Popular Posts